Artist INTERVIEW: ALDÍS FJÓLA
1. Hey Aldís Fjóla, super nice to have the chance to chat with you. What first got you into music?
I always wanted to be a singer and at an very early age I was always performing in family gatherings with my niece. In High School I started singing on stage and loved it. But I lost my self confidence very fast after High school and starting going the "Practical" way in life. In 2006, I went to Complete Vocal Institute in Copenhagen and my life changed completely after that, I gained confidence and all of a sudden I knew my voice and how I wanted to sound.
2. What’s your favorite 60’s artist?
My mom was a Beatles fan and my dad is a Elvis fan, so it's a tie between The Beatles and Elvis.
3. What makes you the happiest?
Standing on stage with my band and my friends and family in front of me listening. And also lambing season at my fathers farm.
4. What is the biggest decision you’ve had to make?
To listen to my instinct and follow my dreams, no matter what the society wants you to do or be.
5. What’s your favorite Youtube channel?
What’s your favorite Youtube channel? I love love love Pitch meeting youtube channel.
6. Can you describe a real-life situation that inspired you?
Watching my mom go through cancer and my dad by her side, where they took every news as a project to get through and kept going with hope and serenity inspired me to live my life to the fullest. My mom died 2012 and her and my dad are my ultimate heroes.
7. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
Don't look at your phone yet.
8. What do you dislike about the art world?
There are a lot of things we can do better, that's a whole other article.
9. What are you focusing on right now?
In music, I'm in the studio now with my co-writer and producer Stefán Örn Gunnlaugsson, recording an EP which will be released in October. In life, I'm trying my very best to live one day at a time and let the adventures come to me.
10. Do You Agree with the Pigeon?
Well, we don't have pigeons in Iceland but I'm sure that me and the Pigeon will get along great when the time comes.
The Pigeon added the new single to his Weekly Gems playlist on Spotify.
You can check out the released music below. If you like what you hear, make sure to follow along so you can stay on top of future releases.
Words by The Pigeon
Discovered via http://musosoup.com
This coverage was created via Musosoup