Artist INTERVIEW: CHUCKIE CHUCK
1. Hey Chuckie Chuck, super nice to have the chance to chat with you. What first got you into music?
I used to play the Bansuri as a kid in India, and then one day, I asked my cousin to give me all the English songs he had because that's what was hip in my school, and that's how I got introduced to rap, through Eminem, and I became a huge fan, or should I say stan. I looked for all his interviews and found all the artists that inspired him, started listening to them, and a few years later, I’m writing my own songs.
2. What triggers your nostalgic feelings?
Other than music? Rainy weather, when it's warm but raining, that was the weather back home.
3. How do you spend your time?
With your mother, just kidding ha! When I’m not working on new music, I’m watching anime, or going to the gym, playing soccer or spending time in nature.
4. What is your creative process like?
The first thing that comes to me is melody… but it can go away just as fast, so I record it on my phone right away; if I still like it after a day or two, then I know it's good and start building around it.
5. Can you describe a real-life situation that inspired you?
Recently my dad got really sick during the height of Covid, we were taking him to the hospital, and he could barely breathe, but as we were taking him outside in the ambulance, he looked up to my mother and asked her if I've eaten anything yet or not. That shit brought tears to my eyes; he’s the strongest person I know.
6. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
7. What do you dislike about the art world?
Labels manipulating everything- the charts, radio plays, streams, trends, award shows. A revolution is coming.
8. What are you focusing on right now?
I’m working on the album; big things are coming soon.
9. What is the biggest mistake you have made within your career to this point?
Putting too much faith in my (former) mentor. You gotta realize (if they don’t) when you’ve surpassed them, and the things they say stop making sense. Just know your worth and protect your energy.
10. Do You Agree with the Pigeon?
(What does it mean?)
The Pigeon added the new single to his Weekly Gems playlist on Spotify.
You can check out the released music below. If you like what you hear, make sure to follow along so you can stay on top of future releases.
Words by The Pigeon
Discovered via http://musosoup.com
This coverage was created via Musosoup