Artist INTERVIEW: CLIFFORD
1. Hey Clifford, super nice to have the chance to chat with you. What first got you into music?
Great to chat with you too Pigeon!
What got me into music… if you don’t count my blue and white plastic electric guitar I got at 3 when I played ‘Spice Girls’ covers with my sister singing…it would have to be when I got my first drum kit at 10. Music has always been a part of my life. Although my parents were not musicians themselves, they encouraged it, so I can’t ever remember not exploring music.
2. When did you fall in love with rock music?
Rock, rap, classical, R&B…I love all genres of music. That’s why being a genre bending artist works so well for me. What I love about rock music is the powerful, often times raw nature of it.
3. What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as an artist?
For starters, having a sound mind/body/soul has always been especially important to me. Daily I work on voice strengthening skills and I find calisthenics for overall body strength really helps in my creative process, and life in general. Recently I’ve found collaboration a kind of relaxing experience, suddenly it’s not just all on you and that’s sort of comforting.
4. What is your creative process like?
My creative process is full of multiple sprints. When I have ideas I work on them for short periods of time. The last stages of mixing/mastering are more like marathons (or so they feel when I’m going through them haha).
5. If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
Stromae whose impact on me began at 20 when I lived in Brussels.
6. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Max Martin, because I really relate to his music making process.
7. What is one message you would give to your fans?
“Too Big Too Strong” was designed for walking with confidence. So walk tall, be strong, and be courageous.
8. Where is the best place in the world you’ve ever been to?
England, specifically London. I have family there and I always feel that “coming home” feeling whenever I go there.
9. What’s your favorite Youtube channel?
Haha! Any channel related to “Fun Edits”.
10. What's your all time favorite movie? And album?
Movie: John Wick and a close second “Destination Wedding”
Album: Parachutes by Coldplay
You can check out the released music below. If you like what you hear, make sure to follow along so you can stay on top of future releases.
Words by The Pigeon
Discovered via http://musosoup.com
This coverage was created via Musosoup