Artist INTERVIEW: CLIFFORD
1. What’s up Clifford, I ain’t going to open with the usual “super nice to have the chance to chat with you, What first got you into music?”, since your already on your 2nd interview... (Check out Clifford's 1st Interview here: https://www.pigeonreviews.com/post/artist-interview-clifford)
2. Your latest song is “Can We Dance To This”! Can you tell us more about the making of it and if there were any unusual things happening during the process? Should we dance to it?
I began writing this song with the sound of swing music in my head. Like in swing I wanted a quick build so people would begin dancing right away. I actually had to walk away from this song a lot! Keeping your head fresh for a song keeps the music fresh, but for this song it was especially true because of its high energy level, especially with the vocals. So yes PLEASE dance to it!
3. If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
Stromae! He has an amazing message and presence which I admire.
4. Would you rather stop making music or stop listening to music?
Tricky question! Since in making music you get to listen to it, I’d give up listening.
5. How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?
It’s a mix of bad and good, bad for the independent artists to make revenue and good for the listeners for free music. But as we’re all becoming more and more aware of, it’s not sustainable.
6. What triggers your nostalgic feelings?
Hot chocolate, the film “To Sir, With Love”, and Utz BBQ chips (the ripple kind).
7. How do you spend your time?
I enjoy photography and thinking about film making. I never studied it but I come from a family of multi-media creatives so I’ve always been around it. I think it would be fun to do a horror movie one day, maybe tongue in cheek with werewolves and vampires. I actually did a video for my song “Party Like It’s Halloween” all shot with an iPhone 8. It’s on YouTube.
8. What makes you the happiest?
When my family and friends are doing well.
9. What’s your favorite food?
Spaghetti Ragu. Sounds simple but once I learned the correct way to make it, it became my favorite food.
10. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
The Pigeon added the new single to his Weekly Gems playlist on Spotify.
You can check out the released music below. If you like what you hear, make sure to follow along so you can stay on top of future releases.
Words by The Pigeon
Discovered via http://musosoup.com
This coverage was created via Musosoup