Artist INTERVIEW: REUE
1. Cru Cru , super nice to have the chance to chat with you! What first got you into music?
2. Can you tell us a cringe memory of yours?
3. What’s your favorite 00’s artist?
4 Will you tell us something embarassing about you?
5. What’s the best decade for music?
6. What’s your favorite 50’s artist?
7.What’s the best advice you ever gave?
8. How is your musosoup experience going?
9. What’s your favorite 70’s album?
10. Do You agree with the Pigeon?
1. My mom was my first influence! She'd play classic rock in the car and take us to every concert she could get my brother and I into. Spent a lot of time in blues clubs in my childhood which is my home base for "vibe"
2. An absolutely cringe moment was early in my performance career - the club had filled up, 2am rolled around and I, a teenager brand new to the scene, was given the last song of the night. I pull up an M.J. Blige remix, ready to rock the house and in my nervousness absolutely fumble the beat matching right when the vocal came in. Shoes in a dryer type bad. The only thing I can say to save face is that I got *much* better at handling the pressure.
3. Deadmau5 by far - lot's of other great music, lot's of great bands that started before 2000, but Deadmau5 is easily my favorite artist from the 2000's and also one of my biggest influences.
4. Something embarrassing about me.. where do I start.. let's go with the majority of my club interactions. It's loud, I can't hear shit, so I'm either asking "what?!" too many times or taking waaayyy too long to process what somebody just said lol
5. Probably the 80's - the music industry got even more efficient in finding new sounds, had the studio technology to put out "perfect" and clean records, and some of the most "out there" and creative songwriting was happening then.
6. Ray Charles! I used to sing "Hit the Road Jack" as a really little kid and have always been enthralled by his swing.
7. The best advice I've ever given was some to myself, "1-Have a good product, ready to go. 2-Don't burn bridges. 3-Stay out of the drug scene. 4-Never ever stop believing that you can do anything you shift your mind towards." and those rules have done well for me so far..
8. Musosoup is great - easily the best performing play listing platform. Great opportunity for artists
9. Sorry to be cliche but Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". Of all the great music and singles from the 70's, Dark Side is the only full LP I consistently listen to from front to back.
10. Can my answer be used against me in court? May have to get my lawyer for this one..
The Pigeon added the new single to his Weekly Gems playlist on Spotify.
You can check out the released music below. If you like what you hear, make sure to follow along so you can stay on top of new releases!
Words by The Pigeon
Discovered via http://musosoup.com
This coverage was created via Musosoup